Tuesday, January 6, 2009

NOTE OF NEED...

So like Brad + I are busy discussing/researching trying out mangroves in our 'fuge filtration in order to reduce nitrates/phosphates + what snails would be best in order to replace the handful of nassarius snails we gave away due to the unfortunate Ube incident, when low and behold a little note of need on one of our favorite reef article sites. Apparently, Chuck, of chucksaddiction.com, had a heart attack + needed funds to cover medical expenses overseas, where it's common that they expect medical expenses up-front. Brad + I debated on how much to give and decided to each donate $25 since chucksaddiction.com has been so very helpful in our endeavors. I even posted a little blurb on RF to help the cause. Sadly, only Brad replied. :( I worried a little that I was taken for a ride, being the big giant sucker that I am, but thought about it and Chuck's articles have really helped us out a lot, especially in identifying those creepy crawlies lurking in the sand + rocks. Plus, just as your typical computer geek would donate to support their favorite open source software,; being that a fellow reefer was in need I was more than glad to assist in any little way I could. Hope I was able to raise at least some awareness. :/

More info + donation station: http://www.chucksaddiction.com/donate.html

PS: Have I conveyed I feel really really good about this cause? ;) Reefing has brought a lot of passion + happiness to our lives.

PPS: I purchased 42 mangrove seedlings off of eBay today. We're going to give 'em a whirl. :)

No comments: