Sunday, June 22, 2008

EYEING THE MANDARIN GOBY


I'm in LOVE w/ the mandarin goby fish and really really want one for my very own. It's so pretty and will fill the void as far as color in our tank. Lots of sources (internet + LFS staff) say they *only* eat copepods, but I found articles + LFS staff saying may accept frozen bloodworms. I went down to QT today and dood says he's got his eating frozen bloodworms so I'm going to stabilize the tank (1-2 weeks) and get one next chance I get and cap the livestock at that. We were originally eyeing a Little Nemo clown fish, but I don't find anemones the slightest bit appealing and I feel awful depriving him of a symbiotic relationship w/ an anemone. I'm not really interested in getting any other fish to be honest. Maybe a flame goby or a fire shrimp.  Maybe not.

Anyhow, as of right now, we're chalk full of coral. Albeit, I have a feeling our acan frags aren't going to make it since it was out of the water so long during our tank re-org. :/  I'm kind of weirded out by the asymmetry going on in the right half of the tank.  We've got a couple oddball pieces of live rock and have to place the pipe organ over there so it'll do for now.  Speaking of which, I need to do some research and figure out how to get my pipe organ to regenerate somehow.  *Sigh!*  Lots of homework.  Hopefully, it'll all pay off someday.  :)  

No comments: